A safe, healthy and competent workforce is good for individuals and good for business. Building on a track record of successful health and safety initiatives, Powering Improvement is the industry’s plan to be a world leader in this vital area by 2025.
ENA Member Companies together with the industry’s four recognised trade unions, namely GMB, Prospect, Unison and Unite, with the support of HSE, continually commit to work together to achieve the visions set by Powering Improvement.
To achieve this vision:
- All workers in our industry have the right to go to work each day and not be injured or made
ill by their work.
- We recognise the importance of co-operation between all groups that make up the electricity
industry: generation, transmission, distribution, contractors, trade unions as well as
government, regulators and other workers’ representatives.
- We recognise that everyone in our industry has a responsibility to look after their own, and
their colleagues’, health and safety.
- We recognise the serious consequences of work-related accidents and ill health – personal,
economic and reputational.
- A safe, healthy and competent workforce is essential to any business.
- We are fully committed to addressing occupational health issues as well as safety ones.
- We are committed to sharing best practice regarding health and safety risk management
The first and second phases of ‘Powering Improvement’ ran from 1st January 2010 to 31st December 2019. The Third Phase of Powering Improvement will run from the 1st January 2020 until the 31st December 2024. An event in the House of Commons marked the launch of a second phase of Powering Improvement. For more information please click here.
The ‘Strategy’ is now in its Third Phase and the Strategy was launched online in 2020 you can view a report from the event here. To view the Third Phase of Powering Improvement 2020-2025 Strategy, please click here.